This two room schoolhouse was constructed in 1913 on land donated by the Shaw Family to the Campbell County Board of Education. The school was built after the State of Kentucky mandated the closing of all one room schoolhouses. The Oakland 12 Mile School was a consolidation of the Oakland School and the 12 Mile School. The school operated until 1938 when operations were moved to Alexandria. The building still stands today and is located on the corner of Lower Lick Branch and Stonehouse Roads, approximately 1 mile from the AA Highway. The building will be rehabilitated, retaining its original character, and be converted into wine tasting rooms.